Saturday 8 October 2011

Pop Art

This year my Grade 5 students have been focusing on Pop Art.

Term 1 they covered some basic Pop Art History, being introduced to Wahol and Litchenstein's portraiture and the concept of the everyday becoming art.

Using a light box students reproduced a Pop Art inspired portrait, rendering with either pencil or water coloured pencils. The finished works were breathtaking. Every student experienced success creating a vivid work representing the characteristics of the Art movement.

In Term 2, I extended the student's understanding of the movement, introducing Pop Art sculpture. After exploring the way scale was played with by Wahol students created their own Pop Art ceramic sculptures. Students were encouraged to create everyday objects in a greatly exaggerated scale. So we had miniature couches, giant hamburgers and hollow cupcakes. The students really embraced the projects and have all taken away a deeper understanding of the revolution that was Pop Art.


2 comments:

  1. I got your message about swap-bot. Please write me on my email, I will send you more information about trades and Swap-bot from there. Thanks!

    Nic
    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry!!! didn't send you my email… Sorry! Nicholechahn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete